Monday, November 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 319

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 319 “The Groove”



A few days back, in fact it was last Thursday, I came up with this song. I was teaching a class and I was using this initial groove here as an example of something in some sort of songwriting way. I kept going and made up most of it right there and then.

At first I thought I’d change the lyrics later to something more “serious.” Then I realized I liked the lyrics and I finally had written a song I could actually easily remember the lyrics to. Hallelujah, right?!? So, I’ve actually been having a blast playing this tune and learning it better for a few days now. Kinda catchy… It has “The Groove.”


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 319 “Glory of Love” by Peter Cetera


 Last thing I expected when I stepped outside today to sit down and do my videos was to falsetto belt out this song I loved so much in 1986 or thereabouts. I was a real emotional sap for a seventh grader and songs like the “Glory of Love” and “Mad About You” by Belinda Carlisle really got me going for whoever my seventh grade crush was that month. Plus Karate Kid 2 was epic. Yes, my musical taste took some time to evolve. But those ‘member berries. (See this season’s South Park) really are the gift that keeps on giving. Once you get going, you just can’t stop. So I primped, I crooned and did whatever it is you do in managing to power through a version or two of Pete Cetera’s “Glory of Love” tune. Whoa.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 319 “Head Over Heels/Safety First”


Folks, be careful out there. When you’re sing Peter cetera songs in public there’s as good a chance as any that folks are gonna be falling head over heels in love with you. It’s more likely than not, I’d say. So, in hopes of avoiding any sort of “Fatal Attraction” situation, please be mindful and keep a firm hold on your sexiness, cause you never know when the wild stallion of lust will do its dance and try to break away. Safety first, my friends, safety first.


No comments: