Friday, November 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 316

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 316 “This Is the Theme To Garry’s Show” by Joey Carbone



Well, I think we'll start off this fabulous Friday by hailing legendary funny man Garry Shandling. I was fortunate as a youngster to find myself watching "It's Garry Shandling's Show." Apparently that was on Showtime. I was charmed immediately by it's catchy theme song, written by Joey Carbone and performed by Bill Lynch. Interesting story about how that played out here:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/24/why_the_theme_song_for_it_s_garry_shandling_s_show_is_the_greatest_tv_theme.html

So all these years later, that song's still in my head and now I I have the pleasure of sharing it. I don;t want to meet a million famous people. I mean if it happened naturally, sure, why not, but I am not a starf---er. I'm into meeting cool people in cool situations, Otherwise, I'll pass. My point there is only that Garry Shandling seemed like a cool dude. I have been recently enjoying his "The Larry Sanders Show." Hail Garry. I hope the afterlife is treating you marvelously. Thanks for all you did.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 316 “Climb Away"


Welcome to "Today in Improvised Songs." I may miss this part of the 365 most in 50 days. I guess I could keep doing it, but there's nothing for motivation like your word and duty to do something every day once you said you would. At least that's how it works for me. It's fun. I will go back through each one of this (feels like) million songs and see which ones seem suited to standing the test of time. 

This one, I know little about. That's what happens. You make it up. Then you make another up. and then they're all there, made up. So, "Climb Away" my friends, to wherever your heart takes you. "Climb Away" and feel high... literally.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 316 “A Few Words with Philly Rivs”



It's Day 316 on the 365, folks, and while I can't say I've read the Bible, I'll bet you San Diego Chargers Quarterback Philip Rivers (aka Phil Rivs or Philly Rivs) has, especially the section where it says, have a million kids. I'm pretty sure there's something to his 316 number so I'm taking the opportunity to break it all down with my man, Phil Rivs. Here, I had the pleasure of squeezing in a few moments with his voice. (Thanks for the loan, Phil).

I am not afraid to ask the tough questions. That's what I do. Lots of fun with Phil. It might just be tape of Phil. It's hard to say. What a great sport he is. Not so much a "sportsman" or "at sports" per se, but a great sport nonetheless. I threw in a few words on kindness (ironically( and progressive thought for those of you willing to stay to the end.

Speaking of folks who stay 'til the end. I leaned that losing NFL head coach, Rex Ryan, a Cubs fan, took his coaching staff to Game 7 of The World Series and left during the rain delay, before the dramatic conclusion. Hey Rex, you go to baseball games like you coach football, poorly, with little clue what's happening, and not sticking it out through the finish. At least you are consistent. 

Hail you.

No comments: