Thursday, November 24, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 336

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals  - 336 “Thanksgiving Raga”



So I wanted to do something  a little different and special today for Thanksgiving, something to make things a little more interesting for you and me. So I busted out my sitar. I long to live a life where I play this way more. Welcome to Day One of that life. That fits right along with everything that I have been thinking lately. Life is a board game. Existence patiently awaits our next move. It doesn't know what it is any better than we do. Every day, we decide. It is empowering to think like that. There are no limitations, no boundaries, You can do whatever you see fit to do. Empowering independence. Hallelujah. Feels great.

So in Indian music, they play ragas. I wish I knew more about exactly what that entailed. In lieu of actual knowledge I did my own little  “Thanksgiving Raga” and if you know as little about Indian music as I do or less, it might even whisk you away to that special sacred sitar place. Stranger things have happened. Love you.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 336 “Beast of Burden” by The Rolling Stones


So I was on this sitar tip, here, Thanksgiving morning and I figured, I should try to do a sitar cover. What did that leave? A couple Beatles classics and anything in C more or less. The sitar, at least my sitar, the way it is tuned resonated in C so tunes in C, I figured would work. Anyway, I worked on The Beatles' "Within Without You" for a bit 'cause it has sitar and I'd messed around with it a couple times before, but to no avail. The song is too classic. I would love to play it some day, but I was not feeling like butchering it here on this holiday. It is not a turkey.

So, somehow sweet destiny, led me to "Beast of Burden." Love this Stones classic. It was fun messing around with it today. It is an interpretative expedition on this hit as you might have guessed due to the whole instrumental sitar situation I'm a working with. I eschewed the chorus as that part wasn't so clicking with my groove, but I added some other stuff, most notably sitar. So I hope you have fun, love and all kinds of relaxing excitement with loved ones on this most gorge-ous of celebrations, Thanksgiving. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words– 336 “The Knife of Decision”



So yesterday I was doing one of my J-O-B things, hosting Open Mic at Winston's. Inspiration cares not for the 5 W's. Who where, when what why, It comes when it does and we are always fortunate to have it at those times. I shuffle the schedule. All else waits , if you're me, when inspiration comes. So I sat down and started jotting this words, ideas, concepts, foundations of beliefs on my white lined-paper in my seminal composition books. I am real attached to them, What can I say? 

I started writing about, the millions of alternate universe usses who could just as easily have existed if we'd turned down different roads. It really fascinates me. So I got into it, asked a bunch of questions and wondered silently aloud about how different life could be, not only now, but any of the glorious tomorrows ahead. 

We are so much powerful that we realize. We can do anything. Some folks realize this in life and accomplish amazing things. So many others sit home paralyzed with fear, afraid to act. It doesn't have to be that way. Things can change every day. They do change, when we decide they change. It is very empowering if you think about it. So today, I chose to motivate to bust out a tune my sitar. I recorded some music I was feeling and then I decided to dictate the poetry I wrote about Open Mc last night, about these ideas expressed here. Sure beats sitting home and baking bread.. but wait, I did that this morning too. Sweet pumpkin bread, a family tradition. Mmmmmmm...








No comments: