Thursday, November 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 329

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 329 “Happy Days” by Norman Gimbel & Charles Fox


Hope your having “Happy Days.” I am. Feeling fired up lately. Way fired up. After many years of operating locally, well below the radar, I think I am ready to reach more people and contribute whatever I can toward entertaining folks and making the world a way better place. I love my local life and I have enough money to get by, but I know I can do much much more. I have some special talents and I want to press ahead with my special needs Christmas musicals and whatever the future holds for me in radio. I am ready to get in the mix. After decades, it’s finally time. Should be exciting. I know I have a great deal to offer.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 329 “A Modern-Day Guide to Getting By”


Lots of tumult these days, no? Yes, so here is a little spontaneous ditty I conjured that touches on a lot of survival techniques that exist. Hope it helps. Oh, complicated world, will you ever relent? If not, we must be ready to adapt. That’s life for ya. A little bit of this. A little bit of that. “A Modern-Day Guide to Getting By.” Hope it helps.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 329 “Tafolla”


Feeling less than loquacious this afternoon. This is ironic because I am thinking big thoughts and feeling like a million bucks. It’s a quiet content. Content… Some say content is king. I head The Sports Pope, Mike Francesa say it today. Well, I have content. Essentially limitless content. That is why I do this every day. To demonstrate. To represent what I’m capable of and what I’m all about. It’s just a microcosm. 1100 videos in 365 days. OK, maybe it’s a macrocosm. Today is the 50th anniversary of the San Diego Sports Arena. I would like to play there some day.

As confident as I’m feeling this instance, my DNA is community, loyalty, friendship, giving back, sharing in the glory and the groove. That’s why in this department during the first 365 in 2011 “Archives” of my friends stood in the place of this here “Words” chunk. So, today, we go backwards to go forward once again.

Warming up before his gig at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library October 28, was John Tafolla. John is an institution in this city and as friendly a guy as you’ll ever meet. Here, I captured him candidly for a quick minute, soaking up the vibes in that venerable and historic room. Sharing is caring. Hallelujah.

No comments: