Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 328

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 328 “True Colors” by Cyndi Lauper


So, in the first 365, I was real interested in accuracy and who wrote all these songs I was covering. I would look it up and explain it like it was vital. At the time, it seemed so. This time, I decided to have my mind occupied with other elements of 365 life instead. During the first 365 was “Occupy,” incidentally. So this time, I have written the name of the person who popularized the number, more often than not and left it at that. Cyndi didn’t write this one. Professional songwriter people did, I believe. I guess I should check. Hate to be a fountain of misinformation over here. I looked it up. It is the only song on her album” True Colors, that she didn’t write. I prefer “She Bop” anyway. She wrote that one.

Speaking of “True Colors,” I first became a big fan of Cyndi Lauper’s around 1983 or so, when she was at the forefront of the pivotal Rock ‘N Wrestling movement. Alas, you think I jest, but President-elect Donald Trump has battled at Wrestlemania and is a WWE Hall of Famer. So, I was all about Operation Give President Trump a chance, and still am, I guess… I mean he’s not even president yet. But… not super stoked about the hiring of the guy they say is a white supremacist. That’s not swell. Mr. Bretibard man, Steve Something… and today, during the briefest of visits to Facebook, I read some article in the British news, that Trump was going to make Muslim people sign a registry. Well, that sounds awful on more levels than I can count. I think I need to get more active. It is finally time. How? When? We’ll see. Step One: Now. Step Two: Open Mic tonight, at Winston’s. One day at time. Hail Schneider.

So, here’s hoping that is misinformation and that Donald Trump will be a million times better than it blatantly seems… Please.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 328 “Happy Thanksgiving”

So, I may have jumped the gun a wee tad with this one here today. The folks at my song are suckers for a good holiday song. Who isn't, right? So here, in November the Christmas song requests are already flying fast and furious. I'm resisting. Even got a few calls for my "Happy Halloween" song. So I couldn't wait. I feel the world is long overdue for a proper Thanksgiving song anyway. A friend today, tried to explain that "Jingle Bells" is a Thanksgiving. I can confirm or deny said report. Well i guess I could... 

So toyed with the notion of tinkering with this one and unleashing it with Thanksgiving dinner a week from Thursday, but I'll haver to crasft another one for then. I like the idea of a Thanksgiving song from the turkey's perspective... or maybe one about Thankstaking and how that's needed to keep the world balanced. Can't have everybody giving, someone's got to take... and don't told tell the The Trump Administration will do it. I'm still managing, pretending they won't. Nothing like a generous billionaire. President Working Class.

"Riiiiight." - ... Nipsey Russell's Wikipedia page doesn't mention "Wildcats." That's messed up.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 328 “Feast”


Who doesn't love a feast? People who don't know what one is, I suppose... Apparently, if you believe what people say, there was oner today at my work. I missed it. Shucks. Either way, I'm glad it happened, even if it didn't. Hail a Feast.

In unrelated news, a friend at my work argues plants have love and can feel feelings. He argued they grow when you talk to them or play music and that they feel pain. I'm not sure if this should make me feel better or worse, as far as it relates to my carnivorous status. Everything happens for a reason. Hail Peace.

No comments: