Friday, November 18, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 330

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 330 “Burgeoning Blues”


Today is an interesting day on the 365. I actually have energy and things to say, but am deciding anyway to use some of these videos I have in the can. Ya know, I’m all kinds of fired up I’m feeling the love. I’m feeling the time is right to get off my keest and reach some folks, truly make a difference in a grander way. But all of this is a process. There are 345 days left of this project alone and that’s just when the real work gets started.

Yes, I want to emerge and engage in all the activity there is and see if I can make a difference. Now, I know some folks want to dismiss peace and love and pie in the sky or “pablum” if you will, but enthusiastically differ. People coming together and unifying based on our shred circumstances, our shared benefit when things go good, we can do amazing things. In fact, there is no limit to what we can do. We only need to think it and make it so. I’m finally coming to terms with this.

So, everyone needs a day of rest and for me, working as I am right now is a way to do it. So I’ll be energetic tomorrow also, plus we have this blip (aka shared space) right now.

“Burgeoning Blues” is just that, a little blues number I didn’t deem quite worthy of “Original” status, but it is nothing if not another undercover, original, diamond in the rough, full of “Words” courtesy of yours truly, Mr. Day Off, (HA!) Jefferson Jay. I like Mr. 365 a lot better. #everyday


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 330 “Hello” by Adele


I’m more of Lionel Richie, “Hello” guy myself, in fact I’m making it my phone ring as we speak, but much respect for the present, or whenever this jam came out. Hail Adele, I read at Vons, she got married. Here’s hoping that leads to her stopping writing all these sad, sappy songs that make everybody think it’s great to pout and feel sorry for yourself. Love songs, anyone? No offense, Canada.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 330 “Thanksgiving Song”


I am on a binge of writing Thanksgiving songs. It seems there should be a huge one, no? Yes. Of course there should. Or six. We’ll see, if people live long enough. We’ve only been at this connected media, America, Internet, chunk of the world a short time. The blues is a baby compared to a lot of things, like the sun, stars… You know this.

So here is another “Thanksgiving Song” for you to chew on. Have a lovely weekend.






No comments: