Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 342

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 342 “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty



Hello friends. It’s a brighter day today, as tomorrows often are. I am in the midst of three “doubles” in a row. Last night, our Jefferson Jay Band played at Winston’s with a few other terrific acts. Cheers to Ben Sheff, the exquisite Danielle Summerville and Friends and The Skyler Lutes Band. Additional salutations to my long time friend, Destructo Bunny for including us in the show and keeping the great vibe alive on stage in OB for all these years. Tonight, the party returns to Winston’s for Open Mic from 6 to 9 and then again, same place, same time on Thursday for Open Jam. Sounds similar, but it’s different. Mic is for songwriters. Jam is for folks who want to jam.

We had rehearsal for “The Hunt for the Great Christmas Tree 4: One for the Ladies.” I am so proud of my cast. They are really bringing the work to life and it is gratifying on more levels than I can count. What a wonderful bunch of people to work with. I am humbled and honored. Alright, that’s a enough for today. How had I never done “Free Fallin’” in over 700 days of 365ing. It is beyond me.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals – 342 “Don’t Conform”


This is a message I can get behind, which is good, considering I wrote this tune. I am cleaning out the closet of recent tunes. I had a bit of a backlog. And it is feeling good to clear the decks. I hope to start writing a few more cool tunes for this project as we enter it’s final 23 days.

Folks, what makes you awesome is you. Too many folks out there are afraid to be themselves, or even discover what that is. I embrace the opposite, whoever we are, whatever we do. It is what makes us unique. It is what makes us great. People fear change and different people. That is an illusion. We are one with our true nature when we love and embrace our uniqueness. It is never too late. Tomorrow is another day for you to rise and shine, literally not figuratively.



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words - 342 “For the Love of Sunsets”


Here, I make a direct appeal to the powers that be for some mercy. Folks, it’s been San Diego cold lately, and while I understand and accept that, it's pretty warm by other’s December standards it is not my fault any of those folks choose to live places that are cold. That is optional. I chose against it, yet here I am walking barefoot down the middle of the street as the sun sets, begging anyone who can help me to keep it in the 50s and above… where it belongs. I'm glad I got that off my chest. I feel better now. Om.

No comments: