Friday, November 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 337

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words– 337 “Behind the Scenes”


I am constantly inundated with correspondence from folks begging me, “Please Jefferson, pull back the curtain. We need to know what goes on “Behind the Scenes” at the Operation 365. We need to know what makes you tick. Today is your lucky day, folks. Thanksgiving isn’t just a November holiday. It’s way of life. While we may be what we eat, let’s not be turkeys, by overlooking that fact that thanks, giving and taking are vital elements to a square day. Square as in square mean not, as in hip to be square. I love facts. This makes me old school. These days are ours. Share them with me. “Happy Days” said that first.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 337 “The Best Song Ever” by One Direction


So, if you went "Behind the Scenes," you know how we arrived at “The Best Song Ever.”  Who knew? I thought there were many directions, but I was wrong. There is one. Wherever we go. That's the one direction. North , south, east, west... those things don't exist. They're like adjectives. Does happy exist? Another day... decide.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 337 “Fleas”


A time I'm glad's not now is early August 2014. My beloved dog Angel passed away and when we returned home from New Jersey and from the birth of my nephew Luke, our house had been captured by fleas. They were vicious. They ate my wife and then I battled them an entire week, while we nursed our physical and emotional wounds in Lakeside. I wrote this song 'cause that's how we songwriters cope with awful chunks of life. Hail now. Hail to the fleas. They died, but not before wielding ferocious fight. 









No comments: