Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter... Blog 143

Thought maybe I'd rant a sec before enjoying a Bob's Big Bacon Bagel Blast at Your Mama's Mug. A beautiful day, today in Ocean Beach, it is. A man his puppy, his dog, and his hamster, relaxing near the ocean. Good times. Is there a point to any of this? Any philosopher, any meta-physicist must ask this question from time to time. I, of course, an inclined, to say yes. Why would this whole thing be one big pointless gag? I'm not buying it.

Speaking of stuff I'm not buying, tomorrow is Easter. Happy Holidays to all the Christians out there on their holiest of days, as I understand it. Now I'm down with folks believing whatever they want. I certainly believe stuff that nobody else would believe in all likelihood. Honestly, my problem isn't with Easter, Jesus, the whole God's son/immaculate conception tale, none of that. My problem rests exclusively with anyone of any belief system who is convinced that they are right and everybody else is wrong. Even moreso, my problem lies with anyone who thinks because they believe one thing and someone else believes another, that they will be "saved," while those who don't believe what they do, will suffer for all eternity.

Now, I'm well aware that there are a lot of good religious folk who don't believe this sort of elitist nonsense, but it is those who do, who do a great disservice to mankind. That sort of negative faith and superiority complex, truly brings the world down. It's a bummer. If we could all accept and embrace each other in our differences and our similarities, if we could replace our fractured spirit with a soul far more united, then, the human race could resume it's path toward something holier than mass profits and extreme greed. Is that what Jesus was supposed to stand for? How is that hypocrisy overlooked by these allegedly spiritual folks? Probably the same way the Catholic church has overlooked child molestation for generations.

Any decent religious person is tolerant, loving, accepting, and humble. So what I'm saying is have a great Easter, but if part of your holiday, is counting whose going to Hell for being Jewish, gay, or different than you, in any way, than you are nowhere near the holy man or woman that you think you are.

Happy Easter.

No comments: