Monday, April 4, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 123

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 131 Paul Lopez Music Group - "OB Love" Pt. 1 - 3-25-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImc1GXvR0U

Here is the second song from The Paul Lopez Music Group's set on March 25, 2010, "OB Love." Paul says at the end of Part 2 of the clip (coming tomorrow) that it's an original song. I like this one. I was a hue fan of this group as they came out of the gate. They have changed names and personnel. They are called LoPro. Here they featured, Jim Tuggey on bass, Mikey on drums, The Soul Man on guiro, Paul Ruiz on trumpet, Marco on sax, Johnny Alexander on guitar, and Paul Lopez on percussion.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 131 "Camptown Races" - Stephen Foster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-zUv8LelE

Who knew that this was a super racist song written by Stephen Foster in 1850. Who knew that Stephen Foster is considered the father of American music? Probably some people, but not me. Where would I be without wikipedia. I don't know, I do know this Foster fellow also wrote "Clementine," which I recorded last week.

wikipedia says here that "Camptown Races" "is a comic song in Mock[1] African American Vernacular English dialect." It then proceeds to list a ton of racist-as-heck verses, all of which I wanted no part of and left out. OK. I'll reprint one here, just so you can see how awfully offensive it is,

"De long tail filly and de big black hoss, Doo-dah! doo-dah!
Dey fly de track and dey both cut across, Oh, doo-dah-day!
De blind hoss sticken in a big mud hole, Doo-dah! doo-dah!
Can't touch bottom wid a ten foot pole, Oh, doo-dah-day!"

So not cool. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure doesn't seem like it. I did with my own old time flavor, sans all the obnoxious 1850's racist crap.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 131 "Shelter Cove" - POSTPONED

Here is a ditty I diddled on the banjo in the majesty of our campground at Shelter Cove. Blowski and Wes had run off to some waterfalls and I stayed and played a new little song. We then went and spent the day on the black sand beach nearby. A beautiful day. We checked out The Avenue of the Giants later and I just had my world's favorite sandwich, the grilled tofu, at Wildberries. It's good to be back in Humboldt on our day off on the tour. Much fun.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 131 "I'm Doing This"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9LJ8AN5Q0U

OK. So I couldn't get the campground video to post, so here is my audible. It's called "I'm Doing This." It was recorded live at Wildberries Market, in Aracta, CA, just now.

Special thanks to Leanne Pearl, who is wonderful, gorgeous and is helping me upload some videos from home while I am out on the road. See you soon, honey.

No comments: