Monday, April 11, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 130

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 138 "Yankee Doodle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBoSKROYdU

Before we left for our excursion, I recorded a host of tunes in what I called, "Songs From When We Were Six," week. "Yankee Doodle," here is the final tune in that collection. Hail the Yankees and may the win another World Series, their 28th, here in 2011. Hail baseball, the greatest of all sports, hands down and enjoy this classic of a tune. I had fun playing... Just thought of a dirty joke. Decided not to share it. Probably best for all concerned. Cue that theme song to Yankee baseball that got me so fired up as a three-year old in a high chair so long ago. Hail Bill White and Phil Rizzuto.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 138 "Home's Where I Belong"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnE6gzQCqeA

If my enthusiasm about being home was not evident in any way before, it is now. I picked up my guitar and started to play and this is what came out. Special appearance by my wonderful puppy, Nigel, who I missed tons. He looked like a puppy when I left and now he looks like a full-grown dog. I heard he even learned to pee with his leg up while I was away. The things we miss on the road...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 138 Jefferson Jay & Wes Davis - 3-28-2011 - cut-off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0M916e7Ws

Here, Wes Davis and I played a little pre-tour practice version of his tune "Pistons," on 3-28-2011. It is not the world's greatest version, thus I left the roughest parts on the Alan Silva, but I included it because it captures a little but of where we were at right before our tour almost two weeks ago.

We have come a long way and predictably, a lot has changed after a week playing music together all over California. We gained some invaluable experience, learned tons about what we like and don't like, and improved greatly as musicians and performers. At least that, is how I feel about my role in all this. I don't wish to speak for anybody else. "What's next?", Wes asks as the video concludes. Good question, Wes. Who knows? Not I, but we will see soon enough, I suppose.

Peace

No comments: