Friday, April 22, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 141

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 149 Eric Weiss - 4-28-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qNOkoAvpE

Here is fine gentleman, Eric Weiss, doing his classical guitar thing, at my Open Mic on April 28, 2009. Eric also has some skills in the electronic music world, but I have enjoyed his classical guitar stylings, myself. Enjoy his virtuosity as Robin Lee, Destructo Bunny, and a roomful of others, appreciate the work of good man, Eric Weiss.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 149 "Speechless" by Lady Gaga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfiMBcYQVQ

I have been wanting to do this one for a long time, since some students of mine at one of the local high schools, turned me on to another fine tune, but the hugely talented pop star, Lady Gaga. I had been waiting to make sure I did it justice, but today was the day. It's number was up. Wish I had been warmed up or any or all of that, but today was the day. I did OK. If I didn't dig this tune so much, I wouldn't mind my mediocrity. Lagy Gaga, there, sets the bar nicely high. Oh well, maybe this version will turn some of my friends on to a tune, they may no know otherwise. Hope you dig it. Nice work, Steph. Really cool tune. I like your whole act. You've got it going on. Congratulations.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 149 "Ultimatum"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnz8cOh7NKU

Don't you hate ultimatums? Hardly a peaceful solution to be drawn from any of 'em. Sometimes you may feel like your back is against the wall, but nothing will put your back against the wall more completely than an ultimatum. Honorable mention goes to blackmail and those times in the movies when the bad guy tells the good guy he better do what he says, or his wife, daughter, and/or son will pay the price. I hate when that happens. To quote the dumbass, woman-beating, anti-Semite Mel Gibson, "Give me back my son!!!!!"

No comments: