Friday, April 29, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 149

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 156 Behind the Scenes - 3-11-2010

Here is another rare behind the scenes look at all the fun we had back in the day. I guess it was only 13 months ago, March 11, 2010, but to me, it feels like a lifetime. Rarely did I remove the camera from it's post, from which many of these archival videos were shot. It seems now, over 150 days in to this crazy experiment, that these clips are more important that I ever imagined. Obviously, among other things here, I'm telling a story. So this is the backstory, if you will

Here you get to see glimpses of my enormous ego, hopefully mostly flaunted in fun. You also get to hear my (politely) berate my soundman. I am sort of notoriously hard on soundpeople. WHat can I tell you? It is kind of in the their hands whether the show sucks or not. Obviously, I can't have that, can I? Nice cameos by Jack Davidson, Paul Lopez (then recovering form smashing his hand), Jennie Buss and various members of the Paul Lopez Music Group, now known as LoPro.

My favorite stuff in here is the bonding between myself and two of my nearest and dearest, The Soul Man and Paul Ruiz. I love the poop out of those guys. Also, stay 'til the end to peek at Robin Lee and Blowski cracking up. Fun!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 156 "Please Give Me Some Food"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geS2FaqpUzc

This incredible song "Please Give Me Some Food," was co-written with my better half, Angel. Angel has been my loyal and loving pooch for over 11 years now and she gets better every day. I lover her so much and it was an honor to collaborate with her on the original song for today.

I added some interpretive dance, and a solo at the end on The Soul Man best guiro ever. Someone stepped on it and cracked it at a show recently and he gave it to me. They didn't even 'fess up. Weak. It was someone in his Viva Santana cover band. They did it on stage. Admit it at least. Come on! I also take a short solo at the very end on slide whistle. honorable mention goes to Nigel the Dog, Prince of Dogs on looking cute. Nigel is currently booking appearances, if you need an unbelievably cute dog for one reason or another.

Angel clearly expresses in her inimitable lyrical style that she is hungry and wants food. I think her lyric-writing, her vocals AND her lyrics are world class, kick-ass and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Sorry to those who don't speak dog, but to me, it was clear what she was saying.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 156 "Oh Yeah" by Yello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPdwRSqS8YM

Who is Yello? I don;t know. I had never heard of them before. But "Mmmm, Bonk-Bonk, Chickah -ChaickAHHHH!!!!"? Who doesn't love that one? Nobody, that's who. Nobody doesn't love that one. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"? That other movie with Michael J. Fox that I thought was "Bright Lights, Big City," but was really "The Secret of My Success"? Yes. Both of 'em. So raise a glass to "Oh Yeah." Oh Yeah. Good night now.

No comments: