Sunday, April 24, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 144

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 151 Robin Lee 10 - 2-19-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImUjwPkvX0

So it's Easter, and I was thinking all about this resurrection stuff and all these millions of people believing that Jesus came back to life and emerged from a cave or something like that. Now I think it's great that all these folks believe something so scientifically unprovable, with all their heart and soul. I began thinking about how this idea relates to me in my life and I decided then, that I was going to post Robin Lee as my archive for the day, here on Easter.

I was thinking that if Jesus, who was dead, can come back to life and rejoin folks, that Robin Lee, who to my knowledge, is still alive, could some day rejoin us. So, I went on a search for a nice Robin Lee clip to use. I bounced around between a few. Some look the same at a glance. And then I decided to return to this set she did at one of my Thursday shows, on February 19, 2009. Earlier in the 365, I had already posted the first nine or so songs from this set, so I decided to pick up where I left off with the next song from her set that day.

Of course, what are the first lyrics I hear come from her lips when I hit play. "I'm dead, but I'm still alive. I'm dead, but I'm still alive." Then it was decided. Enjoy Robin Lee as I dream hopefully of her second coming. She is joined here on guiro by The Soul Man and on lead guitar by Jack Davidson. Peace. Happy Easter, Oh Great Robin.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 151 "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" by Fred Rogers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuFy37FV9do

I was messing around trying to conjure my original for the day... I was singing about what's happening, how Leanne is taking a nap and how we are going to Patricia Mueller's for Easter and what a beautiful day it is and I had an A-Ha moment, which led to me finding and singing this here classic for you. Did you know Mr. Rogers wrote "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Well, he did, in 1967. Mr. Rogers was cool and I'm feeling like it's a beautiful day for a neighbor. I love my neighbors, incidentally. They are cool as F-word.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 151 "Back From The Dead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCLxOqR-4m8

This is my newest song, just wrote it. It's called "Back From The Dead." It asks the listener if they believe in people coming back from the dead. It asks if they believe that, or if they only believe what they see. It asks if you think that could happen today. Are you a person who believes people can come back form the dead? It seems there are millions who believe in this devoutly, yet I never hear anybody discussing those types of possibilities in a serious way in public, ever. I wish that happened more. A more serious belief in the mystical and otherworldly could only help our consciousness in this scrambled and mixed-up world. If it could happen once, it could happen again, right? In fact, isn't a huge part of the whole Easter-related belief system, aka Christianity, that that in fact WILL happen at some point soon?

All I know is if I believed that kind of stuff was going to be going down, than I would doing a lot more important stuff with my time than watching TV and being miserable,like so many are today. That's just me though, I believe in folks coming back form the dead. I believe it every day. They come back to us in their own way. And Im not afraid to admit it. It can happen today. Any day.

No comments: