Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 125

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 133 Jason and Hester - 3-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgmwx1lprw

Here are Jason Mitchell and Hester Hamman, a talented duet, who played my shows often for a bit back then. This is from my Open Mic on March 3, 2009. They are playing one of their finest numbers, a Jason Mitchell original titled, "Sunlight." At the actual gigs I booked them for, they always dressed really nicely. Here they are in casual mode for the Open Mic.

Hester, I have known for quite awhile. She used to bartend at my Open mic at O'Connell's. Every so often, she would emerge from behind the bar to belt out some blues with Gabriela LaLicata, always to the delight of the spirited crowd assembled. Hester is a really cool woman. I think she lives in New York City right now. I think she said she's working on a musical. Best to you, Hester and Jason.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 133 "The Alphabet Song" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5XEp2vy69E

Here is one of the more soulful renditions you'll ever hear of "The Alphabet Song." I'm not certain, but I would venture to guess that this is the first tune I ever knew. It stands to reason. I am bringing it, much like The Rock at Wrestlemania. That's just the way I get down when I sing my ABC's. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 133 "Shelter Cove"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccJfk0yoPo

Here is a ditty I diddled on the banjo in the majesty of our campground at Shelter Cove. Blowski and Wes had run off to some waterfalls and I stayed and played a new little song. We then went and spent the day on the black sand beach nearby. A beautiful day. We checked out The Avenue of the Giants later and I just had my world's favorite sandwich, the grilled tofu, at Wildberries. It's good to be back in Humboldt on our day off on the tour. Much fun. Stick around for the end of the video, if you'd like to see my superpooch Angel, frolicking in a creek right near our campsite.

Was meaning to post this a couple of days ago, but we have been in some remote locales these last few days on tour. Now we are at Naked Lounge in Sacramento, having arrived hours early for our next show on tour. Feels good to be uploading some vids and processing the footage the other days from Shelter Cove. Looking forward to catching up with some old friends tonight and having another good show on tour. Last night we played at Mad River Brewing Company in Blue Lake, CA. They were really cool and have very yummy beer. Hooray. It's great to be here. Hope you enjoy this taste of where we've been hanging.

No comments: