Saturday, April 23, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 142

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 150 Nam Ninja - "Apollo" - 4-28-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2rsVsleNJ4

Here is the Nam Ninja at my Open Mic on April 28, 2009, playing his tune "Apollo." One of the most rewarding things about hosting the Open Mic is watching performers grow from week to week. After a year or two, the strides some folks make are truly inspiring. The Ninja did a nice job when he first joined us, but he wrote a song inspired by me, which rules and I could also see the Destructo Bunny influence in his music growing as the weeks went by. I hope the Ninja is doing well. Peace to the Nam Ninja.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 150 "Sparkle" by Phish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlEu2Roq0k

"Sparkle" was on the list of tunes that was definitely going to get done some day, I have already tried a few versions of this one, but for one reason or another they all didn't come out right. I played pretty fast on the end of this one, so that is cool... and I hadn't done a Phish tune in awhile after doing very many at the start of this wonderful monstrosity. Hail Sparkle!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 150 "Is It Dying?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUM9i8QEC0

Got to admit, a few day lately, like today for instance, not so much feeling like doing the 365. It is a tough spot. What do you do? Just not do it. I guess that would be one option. Especially in the wake of 4/20. But no... I soldier on, for one reason or another. Today's song "Is It Dying?," is about this very topic. What's next for the 365, it asks? I am pretty good about writing songs on the spot, as long as they're about whatever happens to be on my mind, This is what is on my mind right now, but thankfully, I am almost done with this for today and I can move my mind on to thinking abort other things like cleaning my apartment and what I'm going to eat for breakfast. Maybe I'll eat a shower for breakfast. That would probably be wise.

If you have any impassioned opinions one way or another about the 365, speak now, because, one thing everyone on this planet has in common is, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow? Not me. Maybe I'll be free. If not, the number of days left is 215.

No comments: