Sunday, April 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 122

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 130 Paul Lopez Music Group - 3-25-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt8PV5DMOHQ

Here is the first song from The Paul Lopez Music Group's set at my show on 3-25-2010. I was a huge fan of this group in its first days. They have made some personnel changes and now I don't think they play much, but they still have my unequivocal support. They feature Jim Tuggey on bass, Mikey on drums, The Soul Man on guiro, Paul Ruiz on trumpet, Marco on sax, Johnny Alexander on guitar, and Paul Lopez on percussion. Good times, great tastes, good feelings.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 130 "For He's a Jolly, Good Fellow" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aW-x3jDikU

Another fun song. How festive! Let's just dedicate this one to The Soul Man, 'cause I'm not sure a jollier, better man exists. Hail The Man of Soul.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 130 "Deliberating Sleep"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT4kKfsRKFc

It was late last night, actually, this morning. We are on tour. Stop One. house of Davis, actually his mother Alicia. So far, tour has been a blast. I wrote this song earlier today technically. We were hanging out late and I penned this little number, trying to convince myself to go to sleep some time soon. I was going to call it "Sleep," but then Dylan Avery, who is here with the tour, reminded me Phish has a mediocre tune called that. So, I offer you, live from the road in Santa Cruz, my newest number "Deliberating Sleep." Please stick around 'til the end to enjoy an almost-too good performance by Wes Davis as The Dancing Warrior.

No comments: