Friday, April 8, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 127

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 135 Ean Greene - 3-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsEntVb0Pc

How it took me this long in the 365 to get to Ean Greene, I have no idea. I have often commented my audiences that his name is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned. I just love the way it flows off the tongue. Granted I have to mispronounce his first name every single time to get it to rhyme with his last name. Rumor has it, it is actually pronounced Ian. I'm not sure I buy it. If his name was really pronounced Ian, why would he so graciously let me tell everyone it's "Eeeeeeeeeeen Greeeeeeeeeeeeeene" for so many months and years.

Two other interesting things about Ean Greene are 1) he's lefty and 2) he is one of the few remaining non-Canadian hockey fans on the planet. Talk about a group that's almost extinct. I'm pretty sure there's more dinosaurs walking the planet then American hockey fans. It's actually an interesting sport. If only I cared, at all.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 135 "This Old Man" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OYjeVJQuu0

This is short and sweet, acoustic, death metal version of "This Old Man." I've always felt this is they way this song should be done and this is how I'm teaching it to my students. You never know when your class may include the world's next Lemmy. Lemmy kids need teaching too. Why sing when you can bark like a dog? That's what I say.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 135 "Quixotic the Xylophone Umbrella"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgqwtmU8A_A

Here is a little poem jam, Wes, Blowski and I wrote on Hippie Hill in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA. We each wrote a line, one at a time, with no knowledge of what else had been written. What does this say about all of us. Who knows? It is interesting though. You can hear our different voices and attempt learn whatever it is you want to know about any of us or all of us from this peculiar exercise.

Artistic? Yes. Quixotic is an interesting word. I'm not sure I even knew exactly what I meant when I wrote it. As is often the case, when I use words, in these circumstances, I think I used it correctly. More importantly, what does that word tell me about myself? Who I am and why I am that way. I do think I mispronounced it, incidentally. A very interesting word, quixotic, with synonyms ranging from wild to romantic, from Utopian to foolish, and from loving to impractical. We will see what this future holds. What this poem,"Quixotic the Xylophone Umbrella," clearly held, for that moment, was the present. Also appearing, on excellence, is Angel, the worldwide wonder dog.

NOTE: youtube has started suggested I add "tough guy" to my tags. Don't think I forgot about you, youtube... You've been getting away with some stuff, thinkin' you're slidin' it by. I'm on to you, youtube. I've got you in my crosshairs.

No comments: