Thursday, April 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 126

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 134 Jefferson Shares and Introduces Ean Greene - 3-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJpwoohI-Q

My introductions are a big part of my show that I have probably underrepresented here in the 365. I have no idea whose gonna want to watch a bunch of videos of some super handsome, funny guy introducing people over and over again, but I've put up so many music clips, I am beginning to search for other sides of the same story to share with you. Here I am sharing form my experiences as an elementary school music teacher. Ironically, I was doing well enough then to not even need to teach as much, but now, I'm back.

Actually, had some real rewarding experiences at the schools that last week before spring break, doing practice concerts with my groups. My choirs sound excellent, way better than I expected and it makes for some richly rewarding experiences at the old office. Nice enough to alter my life's plans? No, but it beats diggin' ditches, they say, and I am inclined to agree. Enjoy as I guilt my audience into expressing appreciation. It is good for the soul.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 134 "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0kLjJBmSOI

I went Black Crowes on this rockin' "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," another gem if I may say so myself from "Songs From When You Were Six" week. I was gonna call it, "School's Out, Back to School," in honor of my spring break, but I figured I'd go with something more universal. We were all six once, assuming none of my blog readers are five years old or younger. Soulful, bluesy... why it's "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 134 "Cool Puppies"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOiIgQ7GmE

So I am in the van (the VW EuroVan.MV, for those keeping score at home) outside the venue we played last night, Naked Lounge in Sacramento, CA, chillin'. They boys are walking around Sacramento. Wes left his phone at he place that we stayed last night so we've been hanging out waiting to get it back. That is slated to happen here soon. So I busted out this bass that I reacquired from an old friend yesterday, and I played a little funk groove here, right quick, to fill this original space for the day. Wes whistled a little and Blowski threw down some improvised lyrics, inspired by a couple pit bull puppies nearby.

The show was tons of fun last night. Angel has bad gas and is dropping bombs on me mercilessly. I need to get out of this van before I day of methane inhalation. Foul. Not cool, puppy. Not cool at all.

No comments: