Thursday, April 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 140

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 148 Shivaji Shinde - 4-20-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYYij3dhYHM

Here is Shivaji, the doctor of heavy metal at my Open Mic's. This clip was filmed at my final Open Mic at Portugalia on April 20, 2010, one year ago yesterday. In this clip, Shivaji is introduced by yours truly and then he plays his biggest original hit, known affectionately as "Dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun." That os the transliteration of his opening riff. I like Shivaji. He invited me to go shoot guns at the range once. I said no, cause I was afraid he'd shoot me. I don't really shoot stuff. I think he was offended. Sorry Shivaji. Welcome to the 365.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 148 "Here Come the Yankees" by Bob Bundin & Lou Stallman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGOBSjANQDY

wikipedia says...

"The official fight song for the Yankees is "Here Come the Yankees", written in 1967 by Bob Bundin and Lou Stallman. While it is not used as often, it is still heard frequently in instrumental form, most prominently in radio broadcasts."

I am going to the ballpark for the first time today, so in a way that officially launches my baseball season. I love baseball. I am a huge sports fan. That surprises some folks who don;t know me that well, but it's true. I love baseball the most, though, Tonight I am going to the ballgame with Leanne and The Wilkins clan. Cory and Laura Wilkins are blind so they will receive 9 unfiltered innings of my play-by-play and cutting analysis. What fun. I alo have been offered tickets to tomorrow night's Phillies-Padres game as well and I want to go really bad, but I am supposed to go to band practice. Talk about torn. Doh! Tonight, though., Padres-Phillies The Pads will be lucky if they score one run. Fortunately, my amigo found someone else to take the ticket, freeing me from my moral dilemma.

This song brought me great joy as a small boy, sitting in my high chair. It led off Yankee telecasts in those day and nothing gets me more fired up for baseball then this here tune. Thanks to those dudes for writing it and thanks to my puppy Nigel, for being so cute in all my videos lately. We think we might try to make a million dollars off his cute little butt. Anybody know a good dog agent?

I just realized that the audio was not on in my recording so I had to use Screenflow to get some audio to go with my fabulous video of "Here Come The Yankees." Enjoy!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 148 "Here Come the Yankees" by Bob Bundin & Lou Stallman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yKftKOONk

Here is the alternate version of "Here Come the Yankees" with the overdubbed vocals. I liked the Scrrenflow one slightly better, so that it the official "cover," but I liked this one too, so it is an outtake. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 148 "We're Going To The Ballgame"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnLcjsZXVU

I decided to let my enthusiasm about going to the ballgame for the first time this year lead me through my original for today. I realized they have the "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" song, but that's only one. There's certainly room for another baseball song, don;t you think? There must be. There is. Something a little funkier I thought would be cool, something a little more 21st century. Who even eats Cracker Jacks anymore anyway? Well, I;'m gonna have a good time. i could tell a few more fun stories about it, but I'm going to the ballgame!

No comments: