Friday, April 15, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 134

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 142 Jefferson Jay Explains Operation 365 - 4-6-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHpO_sB2LQ

Here I am on out tour, at The Naked Lounge in Sacramento, CA, explaining to my audience what the 365 is all about. I figure maybe there's someone else out there who missed the memo last Thanksgiving and wonders what all the Operation 365 silliness is about, so here I explain it for one and all.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 142 "Yakety Yak" by Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTUHT4n01Io

Been super busy lately even by my own standards. I won't even tell you what I just had to pass on, to type the nonsense here for you. It would have been great though. Trust me. I filmed this on break at school in front of a map of the world. I figured if I can't go all over the world right this second, I can at least sit in front of a picture of the world

I just leaned it is actually spelled "Yakety Yak" and was written for The Coasters in 1958. I gleaned it from a 5th grade children's music textbook. One of my co-teachers comes in at the end. Yakety Yak. Don't talk back.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 142 "Sitting In Front of a Map"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Y-MTEP9wQ

So here, I'm sitting in front of a map. This song has potential. Someone was telling me that Operation 365 is living art, a piece of performance art, if you will. Wes and Blowski had a lot of interesting feedback on the 365 in the van on our tour. Unfortunately, we discussed SO many things, it is hard to sort out and retain the important bits from the everything else that comes in 9 days on the road. If any of the 365 is performance art, or a living video project, or what have you, than this clip is for sure.

Here, my co-teacher is sitting in with me as I try to squeeze my "original" for the day in the few not even really spare seconds that I had today. I was sitting in front of a map, so I sang about countries, or tried to, anyway, in an elementary school sort of way. I am scrambling to write this blog as we speak so I can scurry to band practice immediately. Hope to squeeze in a shower. Would love dinner, but that's simply not going to happen. Maybe after practice. Happy birthday to me tomorrow.

No comments: