Monday, April 25, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 145

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 152 Paul Lopez Music Group - 3-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHaG5d7z0J0

Here is the Paul Lopez Music Group from March 11, 2010. I posted this because I liked the groove and there were some nice close-up shots of my bro, The Soul Man. He is 92 years old and going strong. love that guy. He is the dude on the guiro. Also featured here are Mikey on drums, Johnny Alexander on guitar, Marco on sax, Jim Tuggey on bass, and Paul Lopez on congas. Stick around to the end of the clip to see me hit the stage, looking stunning. Thank you.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 152 "When I'm 64" by John Lennon and Paul McCartney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=selilD2fwuk

This catchy number got in my head, so I went for it. Pretty fun. Who doesn't love The Beatles' "When I'm 64"?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 152 "What's Going To Happen Next?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1JyXmF48U

As I was playing "When I'm 64" for my cover today, I thought as crazy as things were in the 1960's, at least they had reason there'd still be a world when they were 64. I thought maybe I'd try to write a song about when I'm 42, and I realized how big an unknown everything is. Who knows if there will even be a world then and if there is who knows what it will consist of. This extreme disparity can't exist forever. There are some nefarious forces out there and while, I don't think about this too much, (cause it's depressing as Hell), I am not nieve enough to think there's no way things can happen.

Let's face it. Things change every day. Whether it's an oil spill or an earthquake or whatever it is. A sky full of fake sprayed clouds. Government-ordered tornados. I just don't know. I do know this. Love is what matters most. The richest man in the world can't buy one ounce of love and everything he owns put together is worthless compared to love. When people begin to realize that love and kindness, and being free in your mind, mean more than stories on TV and the "toys and gizmos" (a George Carlin quote) people have taken as a cheap pay-off for love and freedom they deserve, then things will begin to change for the better.

There is no sense in ever wielding a weapon. Those in charge have more weapons and are dying for an excuse to use 'em on whoever, whenever, for any old reason at all. The true revolution that needs to happen, can only occur in people's minds. No one can take that from you unless you give it to them. They can try to buy you and your time, but only you can allow that bribe to happen. Those of us, who dream for more, those who haven't given up, your time is finally here. We can make a difference. We can change things. We just have to decide. One individual at a time. When enough people come together, united in our hearts and souls, the rest of those still suckling at the teat of capitalism, will be embarrassed. Everything they've collected will reveal itself as relics from an era that needed to go.

Who are you as a person? That's what matters. How much stuff you have? That's just another irrelevant statistic... Like how many time you go potty in a month, or how many beans you eat in a lifetime. It just doesn't matter. Love does.

Oh, and here's a few links that got me all fired up to write what I wrote today.

George Carlin on Keith Olbermann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfReMQufFg

US Soldier Awakens to the Terror of War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfReMQufFg

George Carlin Discusses Why Things Are the Way They Are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0yhHHPc7IU

No comments: