Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 146

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 153 Jefferson Jay - "Enough is Enough" 3-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3WvUJm8R8

This is one of my more fun, yet less-played tunes "Enough is Enough." This song exists for when the madness has gone too far, which of course folks, let's face it, it has. This version was recorded on March 11, 2010, shortly after this hymn was penned. I am joined by the Methuselah of local music, the Soul Man, on guiro and Paul Lopez on congas. Enjoy the fun found here!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 153 "Your Song" by Elton John
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmCS89kP1M

This morning I was enjoying a delicious breakfast prepared by terrific sweetie Leanne Pearl. Adrianna Martin-Morningstar and super-roommate Josh Rodriguez also attended this feast. At one point Senor Rodriguez was whistling "Speechless" by Lady Gaga, which astute followers of the 365 will recall, I did a few days ago. Adrianna then added that Gaga and Sir Elton collaborated on a mash-up of sorts at one of those awards shows, blending "Speechless" and "Your Song." and with the innocent breakfast anecdote, Operation 365 history was made. It was a fait accompli, folks, and here is the brain baby of our breakfast bunch, today, April 26, 2011, "Your Song."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 153 " A Springtime Serenade"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-02kIEq4Jo

This is a nice little instrumental ditty that just, to me, says "Springtime." I like it, it makes me happy, and I came up with it today. I actually had prepared a prior version of it at school, but when it came down to it, it was just as easy to do another one, right here at home. And that way, I got to play it again. I like it. I don't even think it needs lyrics. A capo, yes, but lyrics... It already says "Springtime" without 'em. Yeah, Spring!

No comments: