Monday, April 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 137

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 145 Destructo Bunny - Part One - 2-17-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ofb3ibFtCM

Here is my pal, Destructo Bunny live form my Open Mic on February 14, 2009. The Bunny freestyles conscious hip hop and brings it. He is a force of nature. Behold the rabbit. It is the Year of the Rabbit. Did you know?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 145 "If You're Happy and You Know It" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5oB3QR6nI

Holy technical difficulties Batman. I've recorded like 50 (actually 5 videos) or today and for one reason or another they are hexed. First, I took a bold step artistically with my a capella version of The Village People's "In The Navy." Who wouldn't have loved that, right? Cuddling with Nigel and everything, but NOOOoooooooo, the mic on the computer was set to static fuzz.

So I went outside to this picturesque, cozy, little spot on a lawn chair in my backyard and recorded a bunch of jams, for today and beyond, "Down By The River," some other stuff. Nigel kept exploring and distracting in the middle but we made it through. I went to transfer the files to my desktop and all the clips skipped. Boooo.. So what's a guy to do. I've taken all my time for 365 and still have -2 videos to show for it. Well, I better get creative real quick, cause this brother's time is up.

I think I've got an idea... So what I did was, you see, was take a bunch of the clips I filmed earlier and add the audio for the video I just recorded for "If You're Happy and You Know It." That's like when the Native Americans used every part of the bison, so as not to waste. That's right, I said it.

The ironic part is, the sun was shining in my eyes and I felt pressed for time, so I don't really look happy at all, through all that much of it, particularly the outside stuff. Isn't irony delicious? That reminds me, I'm supposed to have dinner ready by 7. Doh! Ha!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 145 "Short"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvjK8QO2P6Y

I was a bit more excited to share my newest tune, before it got all jacked up by all that skipping business I mentioned. Yeah, my computer was skippin' and trippin' when I recorded my outdoor jams for today and I am here, kicking it in salvage mode. Enjoy my newest song, a little instrumental called "Short." Sorry it skips.

No comments: