Thursday, June 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 184

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 190 Carlos Soriano "Lollipop" 8-18-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgqUbQNVHI

Here is my man, Carlos Soriano, covering L'il Wayne's tune "Lollipop" at my Open Mic on August 18, 2009. Go Carlos.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 190 "Georgia on My Mind" by Hoagy Carmichael - 8-27-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8izry_WwQ

"Georgia on My Mind" is by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell. Louis Armstrong made it famous as far as I know. Here I am, singing "Georgia" with Patricia Mueller on piano at Portugalia on August 27, 2009.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 190 "D is for Disappointed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPZjqvF7TM

Was going to try to write or record a real song today, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. A friend has recently been mishandling every possible situation really badly. I've made every effort to try to talk about this, but it seems to be a derailed train. Helplessly careening off the tracks and laying waste to whatever is in its inconsiderate path. It is deeply disconcerting and I am without remedy for this empty feeling in my chest.

You put time into a friendship. Love and nurturing as well. All you can hope is that the friendship is strong enough that participants in it will take the time and care to handle the touchy matters that will inevitably come up, with consideration and sensitivity. Not like an inconvenience. The worst part is a pattern has formed and I can now see each misstep days before it comes to pass, yet there is still nothing I can do to prevent it from happening.

D is also for distance. Once distance replaces closeness, friendship finds a tenuous spot at best. Decisions stop making sense. and whoever gets hurt by them, well, that's just too bad. I am that person now. The guy whose upsetness is an inconvenience and whose opinion doesn't matter. The guy who gets informed what's been decided weeks after the decisions been made, after everyone else has been consulted and when I can see it coming a mile away and even attempts to throw myself in front of the train to slow it down, even attempts to have a simple face-to-face discussion are irrelevant, like I'm not even there in the first place. Disappointing.

NOTE: At 9:53PM, I changed "D is for Disappointment" from my original to an outtake, a private outtake, and replaced it with "D is for Drama."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 190 "D is for Drama"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNWJvBSS6bc

As a general rule, I am against sharing one's deepest inner turmoil publicly on the internet. Ironic, isn' it? Yes, so after some reflection, I recognize there are ways to fan the flames of disappointment and sadness, far less the destructive than the route I chose. Apologies. I try to steer clear of drama, but occasionally, we all fall astray. Climb back up. Do better next time. That's about all you can do. Directly handling matters is always best, whenever possible. Maybe, that's what I meant to say the first time.

NOTE: youtube had fun "suggesting" all these tags to my difficult day. "island comedy sean funny total humor stand sketch action comedian bunny comic entertainment jokes hour rabbit bug hamster humour bugs cute ground easter rush tunes rabbits looney beetle happy hamsters"

Pile on, youtube. Have fun... website! What does it all mean?

No comments: