Saturday, June 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 200

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 206 Rob Deez "Seth Combs" 11-15-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvCh11eaR_U

Wild times here in OB. Just had a fight in the streets. It appears some fellow had "stabbed the homeboy" of some other youths and they punched him a few times for good measure. Apparently, you can't be "stabbing the homeboys." Speaking of poor form, I am posting this today, because the fellow my freiend Rob Deez is speaking of, the Seth Combs, he is a bully and he is mean. I've never really gone for those types of folks. They trend pick on people not well-equipped to defend themselves and I find that to be distasteful. Folks like me and Rob Deez stand here to set the record straight with folks like these.

So what did this Seth Combs do?

"Ever wonder why the San Diego art scene struggles so much? For starters, organizations like seemingly reputable names like the San Diego Visual Arts Guild throw ridiculous events like the Surrealism party, held last Saturday at the House of the Future event space in the College Area. The art is always secondary at these events, and the suckers who forked over $25 were treated to synchronized swimming, fire dancers and - judging by this photo - women lying on stoves, feeding wine to stuffed ravens. Now I know what the "vag" in the sdvag.net really stands for." - Seth Combs

Now Seth, I guess, likes taking shots at nice people. I prefer to save mine for dudes like him. One of the coolest people I know, Ian Ashley, lives in the House of the Future and opens her home to throw awesome parties that raise lots of money for good local art causes. A kind woman named Patricia Frischer runs sdvag.net. I have known her for many years. That's the best target you can find, Seth? That and Josh Damigo. Go pick on someone who fights back. You're not tough. You're sad. A sad little man named Seth. That's all. Now back to my wonderful Saturday.

Lest I forget to mention it, Rob Deez is my pal and he rules. Welcome to the 365, Rob. Deezarific has tons of clever tunes. I will post more from him before long. This was filmed on a slow Sunday at Portugalia, November 15, 2009. Not much energy in the room. I will showcase you for the energy-filled snarling tiger that you are real soon, dear Rob Deez. I owe you one. Come visit me in OB.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 206 "Wooden Ships" by David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Paul Kantner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq8b7ZpL6WI

I have been practicing harmonies and song with Richard Romero lately. He is the bassist for my band for the last long while. Today, he was kind enough, after practice, to chime in on today's Operation 365 on vocals and guitar. Richard is an incredibly talented and schooled musician and one whole heck of a funny guy and swell friend.

Here, we busted out "Wooden Ships," a beautiful song by David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane. Who knew? Mmmm, purple berries... Ahhh, harmony. I wrote a song once called "Wooden Boats," 'cause "Wooden Ships" was taken.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 206 "Let's Just Ask the Dinosaurs"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7D89kg4Bc

This is an odd song I wrote awhile back about how things change in ways that no one could see coming. Ask the dinosaurs. Get it? Right. Few songs mention a platypus, an omnibus, a rhinoceros, and hitchhiking with umbrellas in the rain. This one does. I wrote this trying to show my band The Greens of Mind I could write a tune they would like lickety-split. They didn't like it at all. Too silly and obtuse. A bit later, undeterred, I wrote another song. That one is called "That Morning." They liked that one a lot. I will bust it out for you one of these days. I'm saving it for a special occasion. Gotta make sure I have some bullets left. 365 is a long road to hoe. Kinda like the Mesozoic Era, huh, dinosaurs???

Thanks to Richard Romero for joining me on guitar and vocals for this version of "Let's Just Ask the Dinosaurs."

No comments: