Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 196

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 202 Robin Lee "Abyss" 2-26-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39rFv9uEdqY

Here is my dear amiga, Robin Lee, busting out her song, "Abyss." This was recorded on February 26, 2009. Robin is joined here by Jack Davidson. This tune is awesome. I miss Robin very much. I haven;t seen her in quite some time. Enjoy her tunes, 'cause that's what they're here for.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 202 "Cement" by Megan Washington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPIuFtodJS4

This is kind of cool. I just covered a song I've never heard before. I saw that it was day "202" on the 365. I'm pretty sure that's the area code for Washington D.c. and I was off. So I went out in search an artist named Washington. Well, there is a band called Washington. I think I may have heard of them. Maybe they played some festival or something. South by Southwest, maybe? In any case. I dug up one of their tunes. Washington, the band, is led by , Megan Washington, their frontwoman. She wrote this jam, about hooking up with a dude and him writing about it on the concrete in chalk after. When she found it in the morning, she was not stoked.

So I played this "Cement." I have no idea if my song sounds anything like the original, because I've never heard it before. I hope Megan doesn't mind. It sure is nice we songwriters have songs to help us express ourselves.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 203 "Total Madness"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ErwmRZa6Q

Astute observers will notice that my apartment is destroyed. Time ran out on my convenient storage unit and everything had to go, and by go I mean go everywhere. That's right. Years of schoolwork, kilos of nonsense, have invaded and will need to be dealt bit by by worthless bit. What you are experiencing here is the musical manifestation of the madness that is my zone right now.

I was invited to this incredible bash, Granted, it's 12 hours away and I'd be there for 24 hours before returning home. All thoughts of that exciting (albeit impractical) adventure were dashed when the saints (and my saints, I mean my most worthless possessions) came marching home. So, I'll be here, restoring order, as quickly as I can. Voila.

No comments: