Saturday, June 4, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 186

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 192 Justin Mills "Truth Ruins Lives" 4-16-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkkqKp4lRxc

Here is another jam from Justin Mills. This is his tune, "Truth Ruins Lives." He is joined by myself on Ashbory bass and The Soul Man on guiro. This was filmed on my birthday, April 16, 2009. A good time was had by all.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 192 "Rock & Roll" by Velvet Underground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLsFCzgOdas

"Rock & Roll" by Lou Reed of Velvet Underground is a classic anthem. That Lou Reed sure can write a song.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 192 "Run for the Monkeys"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4XbrtsK0Oo

Strange day today. Something in the air, maybe. Indecision, perhaps. Feeling much better now. At least there's not nothing to do. So, I tried to use the big Darth Vader bass to create my new groove, "Run For the Monkeys." Alas, while trying to use Pro Tools and Reason earlier, I must have set the mike off and hence, I got no sound ont he recording. What to do? THat bass is huge and hard to manage. Just putting it away, I got poked by a point in the nipple and I smashed it's head against the wall. It almost knocked me down. love playing it, but it's just too dangerous to play twice in a row. SO what's I do?

I went and grabbed the black acoustic bass and played it over. Twice the fun. Twice as many basses. Once the tune. Hopefully you get the idea. Hopefully, I do too. Run for the monkeys.

NOTE: I just noticed I play a lot of interesting basses on today's episode of the 365. Fascinating.

No comments: