Thursday, June 23, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 205

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 211 Tuna Boot - 10-13-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcvZRBtlccs

The fine young gentlemen Tuna Boot were regulars at my programming in 2008 and 2009. Mark, the primary songwriter, (L) returned to Chicago thennish. Haven't seen Noj (bass) in ages, but Scott Park, (R) pops up from time to time and it is always nice to see his shining face. I always loved the attitude and effort put forth by Tuna Boot. Enjoy another of their harmony-laden journeys.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 211 "Earth Angel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESz6sgC9WJs

Here is my "Earth Angel". Unlike a lot of 365 covers, I've played this one a bunch before. The version I found today on the internet is different than the one I used to do. As I continued on, it seemed wronger and wronger. Eventually, abandoning ship. Probably coulda got a better one, but I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Betrayed by the internet. Can you imagine?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 211 "Feeling It Would be An Exaggeration"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXllOCIgjaw

"Feeling It Would be An Exaggeration" was the first thing I played when I set out to do my 365 today. By the end I was feeling it a decent amount. Here I took this unique medium to experiment with a Woody Allen/Jerry Seinfeld type song. A local journalist I know calls me and pretends to be my Jewish grandmother. He's been doing it for years. This character her is a fictional nephew of hers perhaps. A delightful nebbish. So I here I whine and dine you while deliberating, discussing my mindset as I embarked upon two days of Operation 365. Oy vey.

NOTE: I just finished watching "The Wire," (HBO Series, 5 seasons) It's a Baltimore-based cops and drug dealers show. Very enjoyable. In the end, McNulty says goodbye, standing beside hist trusty Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Ahhh, those were the days.

No comments: