Sunday, June 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 201

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 207 Wild Older Women Duo "Wild Older Woman" 10-20-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1SN8viUu70

Much like the coming together of peanut butter and chocolate or ham and cheese, even, sometimes a pairing is so complimentary, it's as if it was meant to be. Like Laurel and Hardy, Ozzie and Harriet, and The Duke Boys, each generation has its standard bearers for these lofty perches. here, I nominate The Wild Older Women Duo. Representing both today and yesterday with grace, talent and aplomb, Sweet Joyce Ann (left) and Annie Rettic (fiddle) get the job done.

Days ago, I saw them holding it down, playing for the people at the Ocean Beach Farmer's Market, I knew needed them for the Operation 365. It simply had to be. So I found this nice clip at my Open Mic from October 20 2009, my good man, Don Truesdail's birthday, incidentally. Here they are, playing their trademark tune, "Wild Older Woman, " written by Sweet Joyce Ann. This song carries and infectious chorus which has been sung by many a person , woman and man alike, including myself and the suave and handsome Mr. Truesdail. Nice work, ladies. Hope to see ya soon.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 207 "Hava Nagila" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CMmSCtAXU

Never so much expected to be playing Hebrew covers on the interent ever, but life is unpredictable indeed. We are playing a special party in a week or two, for which it will be appropriate, so here it is. Richard Romero, guitar and vocals, and I arranged it thusly. We were playing a bit more traditionally. and then Richard asked me, "How would John Mayer play it?" Now, I have no idea. I don't listen to much Mayer, but I popped it out some (made it more poppy), and this is what it sounds like.

Fun song. Classic. That's for sure. Thanks to Dick Dale for making Richard Romero feel like "Hava Nagila" was cool to play.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 207 "Musical Dreams"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CMmSCtAXU

Here is an obscure number I wrote awhile back, called "Musical Dreams." I have had it sitting around for awhile. I've never played it live, that I recall, but I like it. Sums up how I felt at a moment in time I suppose. I like the catchy end part a bit. The "Hello. Down the river. Canyon" part. I used to enjoy jamming that part with 2nd graders at an elementary school I worked in Oceanside. Those were good times. Seems like long ago. Cloudy.

Amazing appearance again here by world class wonderpooch Nigel, on being irresistibly cute at all times.

NOTE: A red-letter moment for the 365 here today. I changed chairs on the original tune today. Thanks to the old chair. You were a good soldier for 207 days and more. I'm glad I found you in the alley. New chair, I'm glad I found you in the alley too. Good chair. Good alley.

No comments: