Saturday, June 11, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 193

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 199 The Jefferson Jay Show Episode 2, Part 6 "Parade #2; Danger"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGm49NTyGs

So as much fun as we were all having at this parade affair, eventually the anger on the streets became a bit intimidating. This was best exemplified by the projectiles (beads) that parade-goers were whipping at our faces as quickly as possible. They connected from time to time which can be seen here. That is the reason my bug fuzzy hat is hanging over my face. It is to protect me. Eventually, I could stand this assault no longer. I returned their energies witha little ditty I composed there on the spot called "Slaves to the grind." It is self-explanatory. Yeah, the rest of the parade worked out all right. What a wild night.

Thanks to govavi for inviting us on their float with them. Thanks to Blowski, my right hand man for many moons, Jeff Dewine, super talented person for all things musical, and Dylan Avery, who filmed all these festivities with his typical aplomb an specifically requested this here video for the Operation 365. Thanks guys. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 199 "Singin' in the Rain" - Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwicNP_GSXU

This "Singin' in the Rain" jam was made famous by Gene Kelly in the musical of the same name. Dedicated aficionados of The Great White Way will recognize that I left out most of the lyrics. I did dance though, and I did sing, in the rain, on the deck. I was inspired.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 199 "Raining in New Jersey"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjWjTN9r1c

So I'm in New Jersey. And it's raining.
I was inspired by this to express my feelings through song.

No comments: