Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 189

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 195 JJ, Howard, Destructo Bunny & Dylan Avery jam 4-28-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzynXyRqnRo

This part of a jam Howard, Destructo Bunny, Dylan Avery and I did in a slot at my Open Mic on April 28, 2009. Howard is the handsome gentlemen in the puffy green vest on the Native American flute jamboree, Destructo is on drums and super-director Dylan Avery is on the bass. I was on a bit of an effects binge then, and I am again right now, incidentally. Today I was recorded with my friend Stu Smith, so real trippy soundtrack-sounding stuff. Horrory, a little.

Effects are fun. Been dabbling with the delightful Line 6 M13. This was when I was having fun with a Yamaha Pacifica and some old Boss boxes. Good times. Fun music. Connecting. Makes a big mess in the apartment, but... the price we pay for art.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 195 "Brown-Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cb0EbHSnvA

So, my sweetie was wanting to get home. Today was a fun-filled day. Little time for the 365. So she called for "Brown-Eyed Girl." I was intent to do it lightly, and a little different and these were your results first try. Enjoy as I phumpher... Forgot about that "making love" line. Got nervous anticipating her male relatives' reaction to watching this vid. Quality humor. That smooching at the end is all the validation I need.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 195 "Loud Noises"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzMpr8qhRo

So like I mentioned, I've been on an effects enjoying excursion these last few days. Thanks to Stu Smith, trumpet/computer genius and the Line 6 M13. here, I'm playing a little mellow jam in A minor, that my clever girlfriend suggested I call "Loud Noises." Irony. Love.

No comments: