Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 210

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 216 Don Truesdail "The Traveller's Lament" - 24 Hours of Free Music - 6-28-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4h01eA_3E

Welcome to Day Four of Operation 365's latest tribute to the Parlor City Bard, Don Truesdail. Here is "The Traveller's Lament," recorded and released on his first posthumous CD, "Dasvidanya Bingoland, Hello Nancy." This CD tells the story of Don's incredible romance with his beloved Nancy, that went all the way to Russia and back before culminating in their wedding vows. After Don's tragic passing on January 13, 2009, Nancy, in her recovery, decided to produce and release the three CDs, Don had left behind the blueprints and the rough tracks for.

I am proud to be assisting Nancy in this moving project and we are beginning work on the 3rd CD of the set shortly. This music and more information are available at www.truesdailstudio.com

Don I love you and miss you. Thanks for leaving such deep and dense, great art behind, so I can continue to get to know and understand you for the rest of my life. Peace.

This was recorded at Jefferson Jay's 24 Hours of Free music, on June 28, 2008, exactly three years ago today. This clip was filmed by Dylan Avery and Don was joined on the guiro for this set by the legendary Soul Man, who will turn 93 this Friday. If you want to come to his birthday party, consider yourself invited. It is this Saturday, July 2nd at Humphrey's Backstage Lounge in Point Loma, San Diego. The Jefferson Jay Band plays Happy Hour from 5 to 7PM. The Soul Man will be rocking with us and then all night with his other band, Viva Santana.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 216 "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgaCIaPfZQ

Let's see. Having a bit of a bad hair day. Slightly hurried. Got through John Lennon and Paul McCartney's "I Want to Hold Your Hand" alright. No time to play it over and over. Fun song, this, "I Want to Hold Your Hand." It's been a week since I wrote my "hold my hand song," that made me think of this one. Must run to teach the children at the ARTS center now. See ya.

At least my apartment's is cleaned up...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 216 "Lick That Couch"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCXIFn2ROEA

I was inspired, once again, by super puppy, Nigel. This time, it was his couch-licking expertise that really drove me to the creative heights. This instrumental piece, I believe, is the ultimate couch-licking song of all-time. You other songwriters out there, take this as a a challenge, you best step up, 'cause writing these couch licking sensations may not be as easy as you think they are. I'm telling you. It's not.

No comments: