Sunday, June 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 187

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 193 Justin Mills "The Price of Love" 4-16-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm5SQGylBIk

Here is my main man, Justin Mills, again from my birthday, April 16, 2009. This is his song, "The Price of Love." Justin is joined here by myself on Ashbory bass, Barbara Tolbert on vocals, Charlotte James on violin and vocals and The Soul Man on guiro. Happy days.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 193 "Low" by R.E.M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24D62KssNok

Playing "Low" cheered me up. That's how you know you're having a dark day. Ironic thing is it's gorgeous and sunny out. No matter. Thanks to R.E.M. for writing all those awesome tunes. Perspective is priceless. Cheered me up a little. We do the best we can. It's going to be OK. I'll keep reminding myself that 'til I don't need to anymore.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 193 "So Say the Blues"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fita9kHwtjg

These have been some difficult times lately. I don't really want to get too much into the specifics. While there's a lot of things to be happy about, I recognize this, the struggling gets overwhelming sometimes and it is difficult to find a solution. Even when you manage to solve or find solutions to several of the problems, these days, it seems like there's several more that were just waiting for those other ones to get out of the way so they could step up. I hate looking at the world that way. It seems so ungrateful to me. Obviously, there is so much to be thankful for. Occasionally, the mind just finds itself looking at the negatives. I hate that. I am aware of the positives. I just feel blue. You can try to lift yourself up, but sometimes, you just got to feel it. You can't fix everything all at once, unfortunately. There's only so much you can do.

At least, we musicians, have the blues, for these challenging times, to help us make it through.

NOTE: 5:11PM. Balance has been restored to the universe. Perspective has been reclaimed. Thanks to the universe for its never-ending patience and my friends for their unwavering support.

No comments: