Friday, June 24, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 206

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 212 Hannah Banana 10-13-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qr-CEhSVUg

Many, if not most, days I am enjoy a morning blend at a coffeeshop here in OB called "Your Mama's Mug." Great vibes. Fine folks. Delicious bagel sandwiches. What more could you ask for? For awhile, back then, a young lady worked there named Hanna. I found out she played guitar. I invited her to my Open Mic and she came. She has a cool style, Ani Difranco, Kaki King and Kelli Rudick jump to mind. I gave her the opportunity to stretch out on stage at mys how a few times and eventually, she moved a2way. Disappeared. Back east, they said. I don't know. Maybe she will see this and check back in. Peace to you Hanna... Banana... or whatever your real name is...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 212 "See Ya" by Carole Demas and Paula Janis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15lr5LCyelQ

I grew up a huge fan of a show called "The Magic Garden." I enjoyed it as a youth. It featured two hippie ladies named Carole Demas and Paula Janis. I don't think Janis is any more a real name than Banana. People in glass houses... Anyway, I'm pretty sure the first crush I ever had (I was probably four) was on Carole. They had a pink squirrel friend named Sherlock. They enjoyed tales from the The Story Box. Carole and Paula played guitar and the end of each show they would sign off with this classic. See ya. Check 'em out of you like at www.caroleandpaula.com

Peace and we hope you have a shiny day.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 212 "Dog on the Couch"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuTucHtz6vI

If you liked "Band on the Run," you'll LOVE "Dog on the Couch." "Dog on the Couch" tells the story of a young pup, Nigel, who enjoys resting and relaxation on the neighborhood couch. There, he curls into a ball and soaks up the sunshine until it, once again, becomes time to play. "Dog on the Couch" is summer sensation and a tear jerker that will keep audiences coming back for more. "I watched it seventy-four times." President Grover Cleveland Alexander That's right, folks. "Dog on the Couch" is the surprise summer hit that's not to be missed.

And coming in 2012, Air Nige.

No comments: