Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 197

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 203 Andrew Schneider with Paul Ruiz 7-6-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj819Q9pc-Y

Here is my friend Andrew Schneider of Austin, Texas, throwing down one of his jams at my Open Mic on July 6, 2010 with our friend, trumpeter Paul Ruiz. The Soul Man was so excited about the whole thing, he joined in on the guiro before it was done.

Andrew was visiting his sister, the talented and distinguished, Nancy Truesdail and we got to have many fun times on his visit. Andrew fit right in with everybody and was jamming with the crew constantly. There were some real fine times in the summer of 2010. A lot of them involved jams at the Blowski Compound. Much fun was had by all.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 203 "I Shot the Sheriff" by Bob Marley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9DAQwvYRgs

Another epic Marley tune for the 365. I think the chords I found on the internet may have been a little off, but thats OK. It makes it sound like I put my own spin on it. The one thing I know I did with it that Bob Marley never considered (Eric Clapton, neither) was take a cell phone call from my wonderful girlfriend Leanne before the end. What can I say? I guess it makes it more unique.

How come N.W.A and Ice-T got in all that trouble and Bob Marley got off scot-free? Conspiracy?!?!?!?!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 203 "The Day Before Yesterday"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJ11Zced44

"The Day Before Yesterday" is a little riff/tune that I came up with a few days ago and recorded as my outro on the song I posted, (200 Days), the day before yesterday. I think "The Day Before Yesterday" stands on its own as well, even a capella. I know 'cuz I've been singing it around the house pseudo-cantor style for days. Maybe there is another part in its' future I don't know. Here it is as developed as it was yesterday, when I recorded it. Enjoy!

No comments: